Friday, November 18, 2016

To a Hurting Nation

To a hurting nation,

I hear your cries, oh nation, I know your pain. I am here, extending comfort. I am listening to your groans, oh children, I am loving you. Your pain is self-inflicted. Return, oh hardened nation, to my heart. Your suffering need not be.

You tear each other down in the name of your idols. This judgement is not of me. My heart weeps with the afflicted. You need not be filled with fear, trust in me. As you trust me, your doubts melt into my love.

You devour one another in your fear and pain. Oh! how I hate to see my people abuse one another. Return, oh nation, to my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!