Sunday, January 29, 2017

One-A-Day 3

One-A-Day: A Daily Dose of Wisdom

This post is part of a series called One-A-Day: A Daily Dose of Wisdom.

*Read Proverbs 3
Questions for Reflection:

  1. What is the purpose of God’s law and commandments? (3:2) Why should we listen to Wisdom? (3:13-26, 35)
  2. Hebrews 8:10 (NIV) says, “This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Why is this good news? What does this tell you about the role of the conscience in a child of God?
  3. Charles Spurgeon wrote of the new covenant, “I will with my Spirit graciously operate upon their minds and their hearts, and so I will sweetly influence them to serve me, and they love me and they feel it to be their delight to walk in the way of my commandments.” (Sermon, Feb. 28, 1897) How and why do we obey God in this age, under the new covenant of grace?
  4. What role does the Holy Spirit play in Christian obedience?
  5. In what ways does the Lord discipline us? How might suffering or trials play a role in the Lord’s discipline? Why does the Lord allow suffering? (3:11-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!