Sunday, September 13, 2015

Affirmation

Read:  Matthew 17

“He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, ‘This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.’” (vs. 5)

When we believe Jesus for salvation, we are adopted and become a son or daughter of God.  When our ears are tuned into the Kingdom of God, like Jesus, we too can discern God’s affirmation.  This may come through a person, a vision, or may be a still small voice in our heart.  Either way, this is God’s Spirit confirming who we truly are.

Father, who do you say I am?  I long to be affirmed as Jesus was affirmed.  Help me to seek you for my identity, forsaking the world and its definition of who I am.


*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!