Sunday, September 6, 2015

Consummation of the Age

Read:  Matthew Chapter 24

“Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?  Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.”  (vs. 45-46)

Regardless how people interpret the signs of the times, Jesus shares with us his heart regarding these things.  He desires us to be ready, watchful, and obedient.  If we are walking in God’s way, in obedience to the Holy Spirit, we need not worry about the end of the age.  May we rest assured of His Presence and protection, even amidst great troubles, affliction, and distress.

Father, may my life be a fruit of your peace.  May my soul rest.  I lay down my fears of the future, my constant worries about today, and my inner distress.  Help me to trust you, even when terrible things are happening all around me.  Even when disease or sickness hit me or my family, even my children.  Even when I don’t understand what I see in reality and question Your goodness.  May Your Word be a comfort as I trust you more and more.


*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!