Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Jesus Has Overcome

Read:  Matthew Chapter 28

“‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’” (vs 18-20)

The power of sin and Satan is defeated.  Jesus has conquered the grave.  We are no longer dead in our trespasses (spiritually dead), but alive in Christ.  We are new creations, we no longer live in our broken nature, but have the nature of Christ in us.  The power of sin, the spirit of this world, no longer has claim on us.  We have been given the authority to influence the world!

Father, teach me to walk in Your nature, turning daily from the nature of my flesh.  Teach me to overcome this world by living moment-by-moment in obedience to Your Spirit.  Teach me to walk above the temptation of Satan, thereby overcoming the power of this world by the power of Your Spirit.  In this way, I will change the world!  I love You, Lord.


*This post is the end of a month long daily devotional on Matthew.  Click here to start from the introduction.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!