Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Israel's Indictment

Read:  Matthew Chapter 21

“When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them.” (vs. 45)

The Messiah has come, the babes of Israel have proclaimed the truth!  They were expecting Jesus to overturn Roman rule, freeing them from earthly dominion and oppression.  But Jesus clears the temple.  Jesus curses the fig tree that bears no fruit.  His stories tell of coming judgement of Israel and her religious leaders.  Indeed this is a different kingdom than the Israelites were expecting.  May ours be a relationship with God that produces the spiritual fruit Jesus is looking for (Gal. 5:22-23).  May our faith be genuine, truly believing, without doubt.  

Father, purify my heart of any pride that might cause me to believe the good things I do in my own effort make me right.  I humble myself to realize I cannot produce any work aside from Your Spirit in me.  Allow me to see and experience the spiritual fruit that only you can produce in me.




*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!