Friday, September 4, 2015

The Anointed One

Read:  Matthew Chapter 26

“Now when Jesus was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came up to him with an alabaster flask of very expensive ointment, and she poured it on his head as he reclined at table.” (vs 6)

This woman’s action was a token of highest respect.  She poured out all her love, faith, worship, and affection.  While the others criticized her, Jesus elevated her act, even saying that what she has done would be told wherever the Gospel is proclaimed.  He recognized her act as a most spiritual work, as preparation for His burial.  Whether she knew it or not, this was a very important prophesy fulfilled: that Jesus is the Messiah, the Anointed One.  This is Truth in reality.

Teach me to stop and listen.  Touch my life today.  May my worship be wholly motivated by love, my devotion intense, my sacrifice complete.  I worship You with all that I am.



*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!