Sunday, September 27, 2015

Preparing for the Lord

Read: Matthew Chapter 3

“‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'  For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah when he said, ‘The voice of the one crying in the wilderness; Prepare the way for the Lord; make his paths straight.’” (vs. 3,4) 

To repent means to think differently, to genuinely regret your sins, and to turn to God’s way of doing life.  Repentance prepares the way for Jesus as Lord.  If we want Jesus to rule and shepherd our life, a sincere humbling of the heart is necessary.  It is then that the kingdom of heaven can break through into our life.  God’s Kingdom is at hand, meaning it is a spiritual existence here and now, as well as a future material manifestation.

Father, so often I do my own thing.  I do things I know are wrong, or I do the right things according to my will without consulting Yours.  I’m so sorry.  I want to do life Your way.  Please reveal the condition of my heart so I may experience the kingdom of heaven in my life.


* This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!