Monday, September 28, 2015

Jesus is Lord

Read: Matthew Chapter 2

“And you, O Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for from you shall come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.” (vs. 6)

Jesus came to rule and shepherd God’s people.  To rule means to govern, or to control the way something is done.  To shepherd is to take care of, to guide, and to protect.  Not only did Jesus come to save us from our sin, but He came to be our Lord.  When Jesus came to earth, He gave us an example of what this means.  Jesus yielded to God’s way of doing things.  In everything He sought God’s will: He did what God did, said what God said, and went where God went.  He lived a life fully submitted to God.

Father, I really want to do life Your way.  I want to experience an extraordinary life, a life filled with purpose and abundance.  I submit to You as Lord of my life.  Where You go I’ll go, what you say I’ll say.  Have Your way in me.



*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!