Saturday, September 19, 2015

Jesus' Yoke

Read:  Matthew Chapter 11

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  (Matt. 11:28-39)

Man’s way is that of over-working and overwhelming burden; it is a series of unrealistic expectations.  God’s way isn’t harsh or demanding, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant.  When we yield to Christ, in obedience to His Holy Spirit, God’s instructions are like a breath of fresh air and we find our life to be enjoyable.  But we have to be willing to put down our agenda, our motives, our priorities, and allow Jesus to teach us how to live and to do our work.

Father, today I desire to do Your will.  In this very moment teach me what to do and how to do it.  Allow me to see Your priorities in my situation.  Teach me to work out of the nature you have given me in Christ.


*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!