Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Jesus Saves

Read: Matthew Chapter 1

“She will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” (vs. 21)

Sin can be considered as failing and missing the true end and scope of life, which is knowing God.  If knowing God is eternal life (John 17:3), think about the true nature of sin.  While the sins we commit against God’s law are symptoms, our real problem is that our very nature is broken, preventing us from coming closer and knowing God more intimately.  Only Jesus can save us from our real problem.


Father, I want to know you like my best friend.  I understand that while I can try to change my behavior, only You can save me from my sin.  Only You can exchange my broken nature for a spiritual nature in Christ.  I believe with all my heart that you have taken my sin and provided a way for me to get closer to You.



*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!