Monday, September 21, 2015

True Devotion

Read:  Matthew Chapter 9

“Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’  For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” Matt. 9:13

Much of what Jesus taught was directed toward the pride and self-reliance that encouraged a religious spirit among the Pharisees (religious leaders during Jesus’ time on earth).  God originally communicated His heart through Hosea 6:6.  All along God’s plan and desire for His people is steadfast love and devotion, not ritualistic adherence to any system of religion.  When we fully embrace the love and forgiveness of Christ, love and forgiveness naturally flow to the people around us.

Father, I am your servant.  I desire to know You and Your heart.  Revive my dead heart, give me life.  Teach me to be totally devoted to You, and to be overflowing in love, kindness, and forgiveness.


*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!