Friday, September 25, 2015

Blessed

Read:  Matthew Chapter 5

“Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven,” (vs. 12a)

Imagine feeling happy, prosperous, and joy-filled, regardless of your outward condition or circumstances.  Imagine being completely satisfied by the revelation of God’s matchless grace and salvation, therefore enjoying the earth and its blessings more than most.  Imagine feeling like you don't need anything in this earth but living a life beyond the scope of this world, walking above its pain and suffering.  Matthew Chapter 5 begins Jesus’ magnificent description of what a life in God’s Kingdom looks like in the reality of this world.

Father, please open my eyes to see You and experience Your kingdom.  May my faith be my sight, teach me to trust the life You have given me in Christ.  Teach me to walk in Your way, that I may experience the richness of your reward now and forever.



*This post is part of a month long devotional series on Matthew.  To start from the intro click here.  To go to the next post click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!