Tuesday, December 22, 2015

John 1- True Nature

Read: John Chapter 1

“But to all who did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name” (vs. 12, Amplified Bible)

The way John introduces Jesus is like no other gospel writer.  While the others introduce Jesus as a man, John is revealing Jesus’ true nature.  John is saying Jesus is the essence of God: He is the manifestation and reality of all the Jews ever believed God for.  Just as Jesus is the Son of God, so He gives us the authority to be a son or daughter of God.  John is emphasizing that we have this power and glory dwelling in us when we believe in His name.  Life becomes fun as the Holy Spirit reveals God’s nature within!

Father, I look to you to reveal my true nature.  Allow me to see myself as You see me.  Tell me who You created me to be.  Help me to believe and walk in the identity you have given me.   Remind me who I am when I get discouraged and distracted by this world.  May I see what You see when You look at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!