Tuesday, December 8, 2015

John 15- The Ultimate Love

Read:  John Chapter 15

“If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love.” (vs. 10)

To dwell, abide, and to live in Him all describe the vital connection Jesus had with God and the unity we can have with God in Christ.  Simply put, the Holy Spirit comes and dwells in our spirit and we dwell with Him there.  But seriously, who has time to sit around and meditate in our spirit all day long?  How is it that we abide during the busyness of work and activity in this world?  We feel God’s love when we obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit in our activity.  He reveals Himself in a tangible way, affirming that we are His.  When we abide in His love by obeying His Word (spoken and written), we are completely satisfied in Him.  We are filled with the full measure of love and joy and they overflow into the lives of the people around us.  When all our needs are met completely in Christ, only then are we free to selflessly love others with no strings attached.

Holy Spirit, draw me close to You.  Teach me how to abide even when I am busy and dealing with the problems of this world.  I invite you to inhabit my life and guide me through all these complicated situations and decisions.  Show me what it means to fully rely on You, to be completely satisfied in Your love.  Please manifest Yourself to me, make Yourself real to me.  That I may clearly feel true love and be filled in full measure with joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!