Friday, December 4, 2015

John 19- All Authority

Read:  John Chapter 19

“Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.” (vs 11)

Jesus understood all power and authority comes from God, and that no evil is allowed but according to God’s will for the good of those who are His own.  We may not understand what we see or why God allows such evil in our world and in our lives, but God is a good, good, Father.  Even Pilate could tell he was in the presence of something great, and that there was no fault in Jesus.  Yet Jesus submitted to His Father’s will, endured great evil, and suffering beyond what most of us suffer.  He did it because He trusted His Father, that God is good, and that He loves Him.


Father, I submit to Your authority and I submit to Your will.  Help me to believe You love me and that You are good, even when my life seems to suggest otherwise.  I trust You and I trust Your will in this earth.  Please help me believe when my heart and mind waver. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!