Friday, December 18, 2015

John 5- Wonders

Read:  John Chapter 5

“For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing.  And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.” (vs. 20)

Since John’s focus is on Jesus’ divine nature, he is more diligent in reporting His miracles.  It seems that during the holidays our suffering becomes more acute, or at the very least we are more aware of our pain.  I hear a lot of people crying out for healings and miracles.

It is important to note that we (now) have the power and authority through Jesus that was given to Him when He was here.  Note what Jesus said about these wonders: we are able to do nothing of our own accord (vs 19,30), there are appointed seasons (vs 4), according to God’s will (vs 21,30), for God’s honor (vs 23), and by the Holy Spirit (vs 36).

Here’s what the Lord is saying to me:

“Remember, my healing and miracles are according to my purpose.  I am much more interested in faith (trust) and salvation (spiritual freedom) than flexing my power in this world.  Yes, I do allow suffering, even to the point of death on the cross.  But it is because I love and care for my sheep so deeply and I desire them to be with Me (even) now.”

Dear Jesus, help me to trust You even when I don’t understand what I see and experience in this world.  Help me to believe You are a good Father, even when I just want to get out of my hardships.  Please don’t let pain harden my heart.  I look to You for Your purpose.  I open my heart to the trust You are building through my struggles.  Fill my mind with Your perspective, so I can see my circumstances the way You do.  I admit, I have a hard time believing the Spirit you sent to me.  Fill my heart with belief that I may adhere and rely on Him.  Please make Your thoughts known to me.  Open my eyes to Your works for the proof I need.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!