Monday, December 7, 2015

John 16- Overcomer

Read:  John Chapter 16

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” (vs 33)

There is all sorts of forces in this world clamoring to steal our joy: troubles, frustrations, problems, or tragedy.  Sometimes it is our own inner distress: loneliness, depression, worry, or boredom.  But the Lord says that if we seek and keep seeking Him, finding all our needs in Him, He has overcome the world.  No temptation has power over us to harm, influence, or take control.  We rest in Jesus, with quiet confidence that He has overcome.  When the Holy Spirit talks, His Word settles the issue without question.  If we trust His Truth, we walk in perfect peace.


Father fill my heart with belief.  May I never waver.  Place Your Truth in my heart, replacing lies and removing doubt.  Help me to believe Your Spirit when He talks.  May I open my heart to receive Your Word without questioning it’s reality.  Reveal what only You can reveal regarding my life and circumstances.  Thank you, Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!