Sunday, December 6, 2015

John 17- Here and Now

Read:  John Chapter 17

“When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, ‘Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.  And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.’” (vs. 1-3)

Jesus has all power and authority over our flesh, or in other words over our human and imperfect self.  When we are walking in Him, living according to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, our human side melts away as we experience a new and eternal quality of life.  We increasingly get to know and realize Christ’s power in us.  Even when our flesh is weak, our spirit is alive and well.  While our humanity is riddled with fear, insecurity, mistakes and failures, we overcome by walking closer to God and living our life out of our (renewed) spirit. 

Father, I lay down my pride and my fear of making a mistake or looking foolish.  Give me the courage today to step into a new life of doing what I believe the Spirit is prompting me to do.  Help me to hear Your Voice and not question whether it is You, but act and allow You to teach me through my experience.  I bind the spirit of confusion, bring me into all clarity regarding Your will for my life today and forever.  Please teach me to realize my eternal life, to let faith arise, please show me how to live out of my renewed spirit.  Manifest Your power and authority, Your glory, in me today that I may glorify You.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!