Tuesday, December 15, 2015

John 8- The Law

Read:  John Chapter 8

“And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.” (vs 9, KJV)

Jesus treated the law as a tool to reveal sin, or to bring sin to consciousness.  Notice Jesus did not use it to condemn those who realize their sin.  In fact, he resisted those who tried to use the law as a weapon.  He simply said, “Go and sin no more.”

When we are caught in sin, may we resist the temptation to hold on to the judgement of the law.  May our conviction be followed by Jesus’ sweet words of repentance: go and sin no more.  May we release condemnation into Jesus’ hands, receive forgiveness, and step forward into holiness.

Teach me to receive complete forgiveness and believe that I am really and unquestionably free from the jail brought on by sin.  I realize now that guilt, shame, and condemnation have no place in my daily walk.  These are but lies when I am walking in You.  Thank you for convicting me so that I can course-correct and experience the freedom of being Your child.  Show me how to think, feel, and act in harmony with You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!