Saturday, December 5, 2015

John 18- Of the Truth

Read:  John Chapter 18

“Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” (vs 37)

In these verses Jesus says His Kingdom is not of the world.  Before His arrest, He prayed for His people, all of us!  He prayed that while we are on this earth God would protect us, that we are in this world but we are not of it.  Being of the Truth means that we are controlled and influenced by God’s Spirit; we are born of and belong to Him.  Being made holy and sanctified means that we have been given the authority to live in this world but not be influenced or harmed by its guilt.  We cannot remove ourself physically from the evil of this world, but spiritually we are protected from it damaging our soul.  This is all possible when we believe in Jesus’ name and are one with God, just as Jesus was one with Him while He lived on earth.  We are perfectly united through the Spirit when we listen to and obey His voice.  It is then that the Lord can lead us through this earth without fear.

Dear Father, please remove any hinderances or barriers between me and Your Spirit.  Remove the boulders preventing my faith from arising into action.  Reveal any sin I have allowed in my heart.  Please clean me from the inside out.  I humble myself in Your Presence, teach me to stop and listen.  Increase my sensitivity to You, that I may follow You and be with You in Your Kingdom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!