Wednesday, December 16, 2015

John 7- God’s Authority

Read: John Chapter 7

“So Jesus answered them, ‘My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.  If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.” (vs. 16,17) 

As we grow to understand and recognize God, we can actually hear the difference in man’s tradition and God’s teaching.  We learn to receive God's Word in our spirit as opposed to our flesh.  This discernment grows in us so we can recognize and obey God’s will on a personal level.  It is the role of the Holy Spirit to illuminate God's Word so we will hear His voice and authority in what we read and in whomever is speaking.

As we study the Bible, let the Holy Spirit open the written Word like a flower, so we will understand what He is revealing about Himself to us personally.  Let us not be tempted by our flesh to study God like an academic course, missing the reality of Jesus in our lives today.

Lord, I receive Your love today, You are welcome here.  I open my heart to receive the faith I need to believe Your Word.  Teach me to hear Your will for me on a personal level.  May I believe, trust and rely on Your authority.  Teach me to cleave to Your Word as revealed by the Holy Spirit.  I desire to keep your message living in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!