Sunday, December 20, 2015

John 3- Born Again



Read: John Chapter 3

“Jesus answered him, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.’” (vs. 3) 

To be born again is a way of describing the spiritual exchange which occurs when we believe Jesus to save us from our sin.  Our old (sin) nature dies and our new (spiritual) nature is born.  It is in our spirit where God “lives”, and where we experience connection with Him.  Our spirit is inhabited by the Holy Spirit.  We live in God’s Kingdom, hear God’s voice, and experience eternal life through our spirit.  Our new nature strengthens (becomes dominate) as we submit everything in us to the Spirit, even our physical bodies.  We learn to do life out of our renewed spirit.  This is what the Bible refers to as living “in Him.”

Lord, I submit everything in me to my spirit which is born of Your Spirit.  Teach me how to do life out of my spirit, surrendering my mind, will, and emotions to (the) Holy Spirit.  May my works be wrought with You: divinely prompted, done with Your help, and in dependence upon You.  Make us one.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!