Thursday, December 17, 2015

John 6- Living Bread

Read:  John Chapter 6

“So Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.  Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.’” (vs. 53-54)

Jesus was very clear with his disciples, His teachings could (only) be discerned in the spirit.  Those who were not listening with faithful ears were absolutely repulsed by the concept of eating flesh and blood.  Because they could not hear the spiritual truth behind Jesus’ (literal) words, they fell away. 

Jesus was The Messenger when He walked the earth, today the Holy Spirit is The Messenger to us.  He speaks just as Jesus spoke, and His words are spiritually discerned.  Abiding in Him as our daily bread means discerning His voice, believing what He says, and obeying His (spoken and written) Word.  

Lord, give me spiritual eyes to see and spiritual ears to hear.  Increase my faith in what You say, that I may learn and live by Your Word and possess eternal life (even) now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!