Sunday, December 13, 2015

John 10- The Separator

Read:  John Chapter 10

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.” (vs 1)
Jesus is the Door to a relationship with God.  There is no other way to come close to God but through salvation as manifested in Jesus.  Many have attempted to get to God through their own merit; they have allowed their expression of worship to become their faith.  But this distraction steals and kills our abundant life.  Jesus is the Good Shepherd.  Since Jesus is no longer here on earth with us, He sent the Holy Spirit to function as our Shepherd.  We hear His voice and follow Him out to pasture.  By following His voice we are kept safe from the enemy.

Father, purify my faith.  Show me where I have allowed the religious spirit to snatch my freedom in You.  Teach me to live out of my renewed spirit, according to the promptings of the Spirit.  I desire to follow you as a sheep follows his shepherd.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!