Wednesday, December 9, 2015

John 14- In Him

Read:  John Chapter 14

“Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.” (vs. 11,12)

Jesus made some really bold statements of what Father will do through us.  He said Father will reveal His power through us and that we too will do the works of God.  He explained exactly how this promise would be fulfilled, by obeying His commands.  Jesus shared with the disciples just how they would receive His commands after He left, through the Holy Spirit.  He explains that we will know and experience how Jesus was in  His Father.  We experience this same type of relationship, this same oneness with God, that Jesus experienced.  We experience this oneness through living in Jesus.  We live in Jesus by obeying His commands.  His commands come to us through the Holy Spirit living in us.  Just like Jesus, we are led by the Spirit and we have the opportunity to obey Him continually.

Father, please teach me to live as Jesus lived when He was on earth.  Teach me to recognize Your voice so clearly that I follow You constantly.  I want to be Your light!  I want Your power to manifest on earth, so that You would be glorified through me just as You glorified Jesus.  These are big prayers.  I trust You to fulfill Your promises.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please login to your account before writing your comment. If you do not wish to use an account, you can simply enter your name by scrolling down to "Name/URL"


Thanks!